Thursday, July 19, 2012

Magnum 8.8 by Tanduay. A different Magnum experience.


Aha! You must be searching for a Magnum Ice Cream article, right? Or I guess the search engine got it wrong.hahaha! You might have typed Magnum Ice Cream in Google but one of the search results is my article about Magnum. But this article is not about Magnum by Selecta, this is an article about Magnum by Tanduay. So I apologize for that and I’m so sorry to disappoint you.hehehe!

The Magnum 8.8 by Tanduay

Anyway, talking about Magnum by Tanduay, a week ago, a friend of mine told me about this new alcoholic drink made by Tanduay. I was curious about that drink since the name of the new product is somewhat similar to a famous ice cream brand which is the Magnum by Selecta. So last Tuesday, I went to the nearest supermarket and grocery store to look for that Magnum by Tanduay, however, it’s not yet available in our city. Well, nothing new about it since the Magnum by Selecta was even made available only after a few months after it was launched in the Philippines.

So late afternoon of Tuesday, I went to Naga City to hit the gym (kunwari healthy lifestyle.hehehe!) and then after working out for an hour (oo, ganyan ako katamad. Isang oras lang) I went to the nearest 711 to searched if there's an available Magnum 8.8. Good thing they have an available Magnum 8.8. I bought one for 25 pesos plus 1.50 pesos for the bottle deposit but I didn’t drink it at 711. Instead, I am reserving that drinking part when I get home so that I could take some photos. And besides, ayoko naman mapagkamalan na manginginom dahil magisa lang na iinom ng alak sa 711.hehehe!

Now where's that product info guide?

After I got home, inilagay ko muna sa freezer yung Magnum para lumamig. After two hours, I took some pictures of the Magnum 8.8. I even imitated that Magnum Ice Cream Craze shots. That kind of picture people uploaded in the social media sites when they first tasted the Magnum Ice Cream. Yung picture na kakagatin yung Magnum tapos ipopost sa facebook.hehehe! But I won’t be posting a Magnum 8.8 shot na kagat kagat ko ang bote, sa mga close friends ko lang yun ipapakita, kakahiya eh..’lam nyo na, mahiyain kasi ko.hahaha!

So ayun, after I took some crazy wacky shots, I then opened the Magnum bottle and took a sip. The taste was kinda similar to a beer with a mixture of brandy, similar to a combination of Red Horse Beer and Emperador Brandy plus a little bit of sugar or should I say a little bit of sweetness.heheh!

Magnum by Tanduay or Magnum by Selecta?
Magnum 8.8 is an alcomix. It is rhum and brandy combination. Compared to SanMig light and Tanduay Ice, which only have 5% alcohol and Colt45 with 7.2% alcohol, this alcoholic drink by Tanduay has 8.8% alcohol, hence the name Magnum 8.8. It’s quite a strong drink for some drinking session. Naisip ko nga na ito na lang ang ipapainom ko sa mga kaibigan ko para tipid. Baka maka 2 bottles lang sila.hahaha!

Anyway, after drinking half of the content, I then decided to pour the remaining half on a glass full of ice. It kinda diluted the drink but it is much better to drink with ice than drinking without ice. Medjo naramdaman ko din ang epekto ng alcohol and for me, I think I’ll stick to 5% alcohol content lang.hahaha! So go ahead guys and try the new Magnum 8.8 by Tanduay. It’s the Magnum with a kick! It’s way better than the Magnum by Selecta.hahaha!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. nice to meet you mr. destitute backpacker.. usad man palan ikang taga iriga.

      Delete