Tuesday, November 6, 2012

My own version of sushi roll!

Lately, I’ve been doing a lot of things for the first time. I am now calling the year 2012 as a year for a lot of first time. This is the year where I baked bread for the first time, baked cookies for the first time, cooked a carbonara for the first time, created some experimental dish, cooked a lechon paksiw for the time and a lot of other things. Most of these first times are connected to cooking, baking, or in short, lahat sila connected sa pagkain, katakawan lang.hahaha! And a few days ago, it was my first time to make a sushi roll. Enjoy pala gumawa ng sushi.hehehe!

the final product

I love eating sushi roll. I love eating different kind of sushi roll. Kakainis nga wala pang Teriyaki Boy dito sa Bicol so that means hindi ko makain yung mga gusto kong sushi roll sa menu nila. So one fine morning during the long holiday, me and my sister decided to create a sushi roll. My sister is kind of my kunwari chef assistant and my guinea pig because she helps me in cooking different kinds of experimental dish. She always ends up being the person who will test or eat the final product ng napagexperimentuhan kong dish kaya sya ang tinatawag kong guinea pig.hahaha! And she is also my harsh, worst and huge food critic or analyst.hahaha! We started our kunwari-cooking show by preparing all the ingredients for our sushi roll. I already purchased several ingredients from SM a few days ago so I have them all stored in the fridge.

the final product

Nagsimula kami sa paghiwa ng mga ingredients. Our sushi roll is a different sushi roll. It’s a different version. It’s an experimental version, as I would call it.hehehe! Our sushi roll is composed of Japanese rice, cucumber, carrots, cheese, crab sticks, nori and spam. It’s an ingredients-overload sushi.hahaha! We cooked about a ¼ kilo of Japanese rice and then after cooking the rice, hinaluan din namin ito ng vinegar na may sugar, salt and pepper. After mixing the rice with the vinegar and other spices, I then started rolling the sushi. I was able to create about 4 rolls using a ¼ kilo of Japanese rice. Medjo madami nga din ang nagawa kong sushi roll. Umabot din ng 32 pieces yung nagawa kong sushi because I divided each roll into 8 pieces. As usual, my sister tested my new product at okay din naman yung result. Medjo naovercooked nga lang yung rice kaya medjo sticky na talaga. So far, maliban sa overcooked rice, okay naman yung itsura ng sushi roll.hehehe!

In a few days, I might create a different sushi rolls. I still have several nori sheets left which I can use for making another version of sushi roll and I also have a wide imagination when it comes to experimenting with foods.hahaha! Kaya malamang madami na naman akong magagawang different version ng sushi roll because of my wide imagination. Anyway, I am encouraging you to also make your own version of sushi roll. It’s fun doing some experimenting when it comes to food and it’s fun when you’re doing something for the first time.
You can also check this website if you want to learn more on how to make a sushi roll. http://makemysushi.com/ Or you can just search in Google or Yahoo.


No comments:

Post a Comment